Hyperlink from a PDF of a BIRT report

Home Forums BIRT Reporting Hyperlink from a PDF of a BIRT report

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hmcguigan
    Participant

Hello,

I developed a BIRT report which will be scheduled and emailed by users. Right now there is a hyperlink on the Maximo work orders listed on the report that will bring you back into the application to the Maximo work order. That works great.

What I would like to do is to have that hyperlink go to instead to a Drill through report in Maximo, which will have more detailed report information on the work order.

Much appreciation,
    Helen

Jerry Sheets
    Participant

I don’t work with Maximo, but if I understand your question correctly, you should be able to just select the ‘Drill-through’ type on the Hyperlink Options window and select the detail Maximo report you want to run. There is a box for report parameters where you can select the parameters you need to pass and in the ‘Values’ column, select the row values to be used to pass to the parameter. Steps 2-6 allow you to further refine the action of the hyperlink.

hmcguigan
    Participant

Thanks Jerry for the quick response!
    I am able to use the ‘Drill-through’ type of hyperlink with no problem, when the report is in Maximo. It is from a PDF of the report outside of Maximo that I would like the ‘Drill-through’ report to work.

Jerry Sheets
    Participant

I understand. It is probably the Maximo authentication that is blocking the external link. We use AssetWorks (a Maximo competitor) and have a similar issue. We are a State Government and a lot of our information is in the ‘public domain’. We have setup a separate reportviewer outside of the one provided inside the AssetWorks application (AiM) which allows us to bypass the AiM Authentication. Using that reportviewer, the links in a PDF work fine.

hmcguigan
    Participant

Thanks again Jerry! Any good sources for building URLs? Below is a URL built into the PDF to go back to the Maximo App, (not the drill through report):
    ui/login?event=loadapp&value=wotrack&uniqueid=966,346

admin
    Keymaster

Does the example you give here for not the drill through report work?

hmcguigan
    Participant

It worked fine when the report was in Maximo. Outside of Maximo, in a PDF, I got an error when trying to use the hyperlink to go back into Maximo and run the report.

admin
    Keymaster

OK then it probably is as Jerry says, you should install the BIRT Viewer on Tomcat to sit alongside Maximo and call the drill through report from that, rather than the Maximo one. Not sure if it is possible to get it working like you originally wanted inside Maximo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.